In this article, we are going to discuss one such technology tool, the MERN Stack Development – which seems quite popular among startups in 2021-2022.
The stack we’re talking about is what makes MERN so special.
MERN stands for MongoDB, Express.JS, React and Node.js. It is a set of technologies, solutions and tools. The end goal of using a stack is to help developers be agile in their development.
Why do you need a MERN stack?
Startups are not similar to businesses. The philosophy of a startup is totally different. They build small (read prototype) and fast. Iterations are done during each development phase so that startups can create a working prototype and then build from there.
As you can see, it’s all about agile development. To facilitate this state of thought and execution, the MERN stack or any other stack, in general, is used.
- Express.JS → Express.JS is a backend application framework. It runs on Node.js
How does the MERN stack work?
The frontend is served by the backend part of the application using a server. The backend is managed by ExpressJS, on top of NodeJS.
The MongoDB database handles the database aspect of the web application. NodeJS handles the data request and fetches the required data from the MongoDB database. Once done, it then sends the data to the frontend, which is then presented to the user based on the UI components.
Benefits of the MERN stack for startups
In this section, we will look at the benefits of using the MERN stack development for startups. We have already gone over all the basic components and what they have to offer. Each of the components has something unique and meaningful to offer and directly affects a startup’s agile development philosophy.
- A full package: MERN offers a full-stack development environment. This means end-to-end development. Startups don’t have to worry about other technologies or tools because they get everything by using the stack itself.
- MVC architecture support: MERN supports the Model View Controller architecture, which allows developers to easily develop a workflow.
- Open source: All four components are open source, which means a startup doesn’t have to worry about licensing issues with MERN.
- Testing tools: MERN comes with its own set of testing tools.