The article discusses what happened to Cliff Devries and his inspirational life story.
The universe tests each and every creation that has been born on the planet. Some are born with an unwavering determination that causes life to bow to them. One person who even the obstacles of life can be overcome could be Cliff Devries from the United States. The diving instructor at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) is an inspiration to many.
Cliff Devries is back in the news after becoming the diving coach of Tigers in the 97th consecutive time between 2021 and 2022. We present to you a complete analysis of what happened to Cliff Devries and his amazing story.
Who is Cliff Devries?
Cliff Devries was born on 30 October 1973. He is a well-known dive instructor from the Rochester Institute of Technology and most importantly an opportunistic cancer survivor. He became famous and received a lot of media attention in the years 2016 and 2017 when the diving board, despite being crippled.
He’s back in news after his role as coach for the Tiger’s team the third time in 97 years. The diver is from the United States. In addition being at the top of his profession when an accident that was unavoidable changed life around for him.
In the next section we will discuss the events that led to Cliff Devries. But, before this, let’s look through some amazing details about the coach.
More Facts About Cliff Devries
- Cliff Devries won the championship twice, including Section V Champion and the Empire State Games Championship.
- He was the founding member of Mavericks Dive Club and kickstarted his career as a diving instructor for Monroe Community College.
- Additionally, he was awarded an average of 8 Conference Championships.
- His name was chosen by the Upper New York State Athletic Conference repeatedly for 2001, 2000 and 2002 2007-2008, and 2011.
What Happened to Cliff Devries?
- In 1995 Cliff Devries was diagnosed with a brain tumor that was 6 inches long. To get rid of the tumor, he underwent an operation that lasted over 13 hours.
- But, a few glitches in the procedure left him totally paralyzed in his left side from the neck up to the down part.
- However, the paralyzes could not overcome the enthusiasm and zeal that possessed Cliff Devries, who practised for months before regaining his strength on the left, responding to the question What happened to Cliff Devries.
He made media news during the year 2017 when, at his birthday i.e. on the 30th day of October jumped into the pool using a 3 meter diving board. The video soon went popular across the media, which also made him a household celebrity.
After his dive, he said he found that the dive was exciting and that diving is always been a therapeutic experience for him. The tale that follows Cliff Devries is one of determination and inspiration, as well as a hard-working attitude. Through his passion and desire to experience life He overcame his weaknesses and has now gone on to become the director at RIT for the third time in 97 years.
You want to know more about what happened to Cliff Devries, read more about Cliff Devries here.
What’s your view on Cliff Devries? Share your thoughts in the box below for comments.